Tuesday, September 27, 2011

[RE]On The Run by Courtney Winterbauer

"I leap down from my porch and my feet are just going as if they have a mind of their own....then time flies. Yes, running is enjoyable when you get there....and then I check what time it is." by Courtney Winterbauer


I love this line, its something I could completely relate to since I love running. I cant be believe it, I'm a loser. I'd say that I was a "suckka" for the adrenaline. its something I enjoy. My favorite part is being stuck in that very moment where your next move is either life or death, well at least close to death :P its not like I go out doing near death stunts just for the hell of it, but when they arrive in my path i usually bear through it and take the right step. I also like the way you say "its as if your feet have a mind of their own" that is totally true, when you become stable and comfortably balance then you are capable of many things, thingies that you don't really expect to be possible. push you limits! run your hardest! do what you imagined you couldn't do. just for the personal satisfaction. nothing other.

now I'm in the mood to go ride my skateboard. ha ha something I'm new too. but I'm getting more comfortable with. I recently got new wheels they are a lot smoother, making it better for me to go faster! Speed is an awesome rush as well! LIVE ACTIVE!!!

5 comments:

  1. IT IS SO TRUE!! I am an adrenaline junkie also! I love pushing the physical limits and mental ones as well. Do what it takes to reach that threshold! or exerting out s much as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so are u down to to this kinda thing together!?!?! dude i honestly dont even care what it is. surprise me I'll give you my number in class or something.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things strike me about this. One--the sensation you describe where your feet start working on their own, and how different stuff is possible once you get in that "zone." I have experienced this on my bike...and it's even possible to get the same sensation (minus, you'll be bummed to hear, quite the same adrenaline rush) from simply WALKING. I do walking meditations a lot and if you focus your attention right, you can get in the same concentrated groove, and it feels great.

    For that speed rush, though, which I also love...I hop on my bike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hell yea Charlie! you don't want to know what I've done on my road bike. super dangerous shit.

    ReplyDelete