Okay I haven't actually made a blog with two hundred and fifty words yet so why don't I start this out on a very contradictory topic. Today, I went shopping. First I went to this store called flowers. I went looking for a new pair of shoes. Now in the store; talking it up casually, as I paid with a hundred dollar bill. he gave me my change back then I was on my way. As I was walking back to home base I felt like my wallet was a little bit too swollen. After realizing, to tell the truth, I walked into the elevator to take a little ride alone. I pulled out my wallet and counted the bills. There in my hand was five twenties, seven one dollar bills, and two fives. There was actually a lady in the elevator with me at the time so I mentioned that a clerk had given me the wrong change! “It was way over!” I said. she replied “good for you haha good for you!!” as she left the elevator in a joyful mood. I was like damn this is a good way for Karma to hit me in the face :) Later, I met up with my friend, we drove up to Kohl’s together and I picked out some more clothes, bought them and left. As I was on my way home I called and told my dad about what happened at flowers. “Hey Dad! guess what!” I said anxiously. He asked and I told him the story... I swear, he’s always trying to make me feel bad or something. I totally didn't expect him to say in that, I was the one doing wrong in this situation... I guess I kind of did take advantage of the clerks poor mistake. I just didn’t see it like that. My step mom tried guilt tripping me into returning the money after I talked to her about it as well; the funny thing is that I didn't expect her to respond that way either... She reminded me of the golden rule, treating others the way you wish to be treated is the one... I totally understood But just wished that they would get off my back. I feel a little conflicted here. “I can’t bring the money back because I spent it all at Kohl’s” I answered. Honestly, I think the guy at the register should learn from this. He needs to quit getting so stoned all the time and pay attention while hes at work! If that was me at the register and I made that mistake, I know it would suck but realistically, I don’t think any one would return the cash. Some times making mistakes is just a part of life. Some learn from them and some gain from them. In this case I definitely gained...
what a tough moral situation. no going back now i guess.
ReplyDeleteanyways, separate your writing into paragraphs! it'll look a lot cleaner and appealing to read.
I started out reading this with a WTF expression, but it's actually a really good point. I think, as a rule, parents don't react well to that kind of thing. I probably would've given the money back, but that's just me. i don't blame you for keeping it!
ReplyDelete