Wednesday, September 14, 2011

[RE] Unhappy?





"The problems that we may come across might be hard to deal with, but in the end, it is the sufferings that make us strive for happiness. (from Sharmaine Caoile)
This specific phrase is one that gets me thinking. It actually made me decide to put my headphones on and play some good music before I began to write my full response.... BUT, anyways... this statement is a very true one, at the same time in my opinion its a little bit depressing. For most who often tend think about this sort of thing, may feel that it's irrelevant to actually give consideration towards other peoples hardships, ESPECIALLY when we are all going through our own. I'd guess it's like, when everybody is dealing with their own issues, there oblivious to the outside... to the other man's feelings. I know that things could get hard at times but if you stay suffering, and act inconsiderate towards others, then you will end up being more unhappy. Its common sense. We should all know by now not to throw a fit and block people out when were angry... Especially when its your friends, teachers, and classmates that are there to help you. So yes, we deal with these problems that we come across, and  in the end you will be striving for happiness. But if I'm making sense, and you understand what I'm trying to say, then it could be possible to just by-pass the whole striving part. Just jump straight to the happiness part. This could be done with the acceptance of others whom give joy, and the keeping the knowledge that you create your own reality. You don't have to let anything negative into your life if you don't want to. Be in charge, filter out what u don't need, keep your head on straight and stay grounded...
-Barak

2 comments:

  1. I kind of agree with you and i kind of don't. Having struggled with depression myself, i know exactly what you mean by blocking out other peoples problems. Depression is very selfish. But you cannot just "jump straight to the happiness part." It doesn't work like that. If you're really that strong of a person, than i admire you. But for the rest of us, the struggle is what makes happiness so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I can see how leaping into complete joy couldn't be realistic for some. But, I wouldn't say that its because I'm that strong of a person. I just put it that way because if you really think about it, you have always and always will ultimately control and create your own reality.

    ReplyDelete